Stage 2 of the Sanitation Challenge for Ghana is about implementing the Liquid Waste Management strategies, and the level of successful implementation.
To measure the success a results report will be developed comparing baseline and endline surveys. Participating MMDAs will also be required to conduct a self assessment (based on a template to be submitted on online platform) which will include reporting on:
- Private sector/ non State actor involvement
- Sustainability and links with strategic sector development plans
- Scaling-up (including how the services will reach the whole city + utilisation of their own resources)
- Relevance of technical interventions
- Focus on the poor
- Behaviour change and community participation
The results report, self-assessment and end presentation will be the basis for the judges to identify the winner of the Dignified City Award.