earn how Offinso North District Assembly is implementing a liquid waste management strategy which will transform the livelihoods of this district.
Progress up till date (up till mid March)
- Energised by the SC4Gh
- Bio-Gas technology explored (Ohasan) – Bio in the secondary schools
- OD reduced in the in the project area
- By-laws gazetted 2 months ago and OD taskforce setup for enforcement
- Dump site acquired and partnership opportunities being explored
- 20-seater toilet in the market area completed as Feb 2017
- Renewed community outreach and sensitisation weekly appearance on CruzFM (message of one household one toilet)
The main challenge is the delay of the release of funds, DCE appointment due to political transition; and exploring partnership opportunities to bridge funding gaps.