Learn how Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly is is implementing a liquid waste management strategy which will transform the livelihoods of this metropolitan area.
Progress up till date (reported up till mid March)
- Successfully registered all households without toilets in the 2 deprived project communities (208 houses in Mossi Zongo and Ayija Zongo)
- 7 of the 10 20-seater capacity water closet with boreholes done already (with WSUP);
- Identification of 3 treatment plants rehabilitation and partnership secured already for 2 (Trapatere with IWMI and Oti with WSUP)
- Incorporation of the sanitation challenge activities in the composite budget and action plan
- General Assembly Adopted the District SC4Gh Proposal at a Meeting
- Extended community outreach and hygiene education in progress
- Regulation and By-laws have been reviewed with WSUP support; Gazetting and translation into local languages to be done in 3 months.
- The SC4Gh Plaque was one of the Assembly Achievements of the year 2016
“The challenge is an awoken spirit for us as KMA; yes, there is a challenge but collaboration is the key!” – Ag. Metro Coordinating Director