Learn how Ahanta West District Assembly is implementing a liquid waste management strategy which will transform the livelihoods of this district.
Progress up till date (reported until mid March)
- Generally triggered special attention for sanitation (liquid waste management)
- Sanitation Revolving Fund created and helping out with implementation
- Partnership with a range of private actors underway – Venita, Ado Boafo, Global Committee and Waste Land fills
- Bio Gas has been done in some areas of the District – exploring learning opportunities for project community
- A 7-member team has been set up for enforcement of gazetted bye-laws
- Included sanitation activities in the composite budget and action plan
- General Assembly Adopted the District SC4Gh Proposal at a Meeting
The main challenge is limited funds to subsidise toilet construction; low water table in targeted areas; limited space for toilet construction (crowded); Use of gas from sludge (bio-gas) for cooking vrs traditional negative toilet-related perception; etc.