Learn how Awutu Senya East Metropolitan Assembly is implementing a liquid waste management strategy which will transform the livelihoods of this metroplitan area.
Progress up till date (reported up till mid March 2017)
- Local SC4Gh team constituted – (Works, Town & Country planning, Environmental, Development planning sub-committee, Finance)
- Open defaecation has reduced significantly (findings of community visits)
- High level of interest generated at the Assembly level with full local leadership involvement/ ownership
- Community engagement and sensitisation [with ‘wrong’ messaging], generating high expectations that is now difficult to meet.
- Included sanitation activities in the composite budget and action plan
- General Assembly Adopted the District SC4Gh Proposal at a Meeting
- Exploring partnership opportunity with institute of statistical service
Main Challenge is managing the expectation of the project community, political transition, funding, etc.